Friday, July 15, 2011

That was stupid.

Almost every Friday, before I go in to work, I go by Starbucks to get a grande, non-fat, caramel macchiato. Sometimes iced, sometimes hot. It's my end-of-the-week indulgence. A little cup of happiness to get me through the longest day of the week.

Today was a little different.

I went across the street to Hy-Vee, which has a Caribou Coffee just inside the door. If you've never had Caribou Coffee, I suggest you get on the first flight to the nearest city that has one, and GET YOU SOME. I love my 'Bucks, but Caribou has a very special place in my heart. And today, I wanted a Dark Chocolate Turtle Mocha. Had. To. Have. It.

Stupidly, I ordered it straight up... Not non-fat, not light, not no-whip. I had every intention of looking up the Weight Watchers points for it when I got to work, but my morning was surprisingly busy. So I looked it up just now, and my jaw hit the keyboard.

SIXTEEN POINTS.

That's like, half my daily allowance. Plus some.

I'm not even going to talk about the other item I ate this morning, because it's seriously too painful. I was really gung-ho to get back to keeping track of everything I'm eating, until I blew the majority of my daily points on a coffee and [other item]. Thank God for weekly points and activity points. And thank God all my points reset today.

To top it all off, Skip wants to head to Applebee's to use up a gift card tonight... Buh-bye, rest of my weekly points. It was nice knowin' ya.

Must. Run. Tonight.

--Malaya

No comments:

Post a Comment