Tuesday, July 12, 2011

This is happening. Legit.

I have decided to go out to Liberty Memorial here in Kansas City tomorrow, to be a part of the "Do Life Tour."

For those of you who aren't awesome, go find the Ben Does Life blog. Ben is this cool guy who made a promise to his grandma to lose weight and get happy. And it's a promise he's kept. He's done Ironman races, and a ton of other ridiculously cool and inspiring stuff. He's taken to the road this summer, and is touring the country to spread the word about the Do Life movement.

Since I've been in a weight loss and exercise rut, I've decided to go take part in the 5k they're hosting here in KC as a part of the tour. I certainly won't be running the entire 5k, but I'm damn sure going to try. I need a kick in the pants, so I think this would be a good way to get motivated.

Or maybe it'll be completely horrible and embarassing. *shrug* Either way, it's happening. I'm doing it.

Skip should be home in an hour and a half... Gonna see if he wants to do this with me. I'm fully expecting him to decline, but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. I'm totally prepared to do this on my own, though.

Be on the lookout for updates... If not tomorrow, then definitely on Thursday.

PEACE.

--Malaya

No comments:

Post a Comment