Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things I Know

I am:
  • Imperfect.
  • The daughter of a woman and a man who couldn't make their marriage work.
  • In love with a man who is my everything.
  • Silly, weird, awkward, clumsy, and funny.
  • Concerned about what people think about me.
  • Shy, self-conscious, and my own worst enemy.
  • Open-minded, patient, respectful, and passionate.
  • The product of a family that didn't have a lot of money, but had a lot of love.
  • Fifty-percent of an amazing soon-to-be husband and wife team.
  • Easily hurt by the things people say about me.


I am NOT:
  • Required to allow people to judge me unfairly.
  • Going to be hurt by the things people say behind my back.
  • Allowing negativity in my life anymore.
  • Going to let anyone ruin our wedding day.
  • Required to pretend to be anyone other than myself.
  • Required to like everyone at all times.
  • Ashamed of my past, my present, or my future.
  • Going to keep my feelings bottled up anymore.
  • Going to try so hard for things that aren't worth the effort.
  • Ashamed of who I am.

Sorry this is a weird post today, folks... It was kind of a weird weekend. Lots of processing in progress, and processing to be done. I miss my friends, and I miss my family. I want it to be October, so I can plop myself down in a room full of love and awesome people. I want to get the wedding done and over with, so we can open up a new chapter in our lives.

But seriously... I need friends and family. I love you guys (I know *someone* reads this thing), and I miss you like crazy. You all might BE crazy, but you're the best people I could ask for. Seriousness.

Love across the miles,

--Malaya

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post....sometimes, we need a reminder that who we are is wonderful and beautiful, imperfections and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honesty and the reminder that we are not perfect, but that's just what makes us all unique and beautiful! :)

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete